Our weekend's creative doings began with an art project at Lakeshore Learning. Being the experienced mother that I am, I was well aware that the art projects draw you into the store so that the children will draw (beg? whine?) you to buy them any of their fancy, colorful, attractive looking items (that of course they let you play with). I had a plan, which I shared with the children to buy some blocks for the construction of both a house and store that we have been designing (inspired by issues of Highlights High Five, Grandma/Gigi).
The trip in and out of the store was a success. There was work to do before construction could begin. Mira remembered a previous time when we rode bikes over the bubble wrap to enjoy the popping noises. Things to note:
- Jacob (who is now encouraged to dress himself) chose to wear 6 different tshirts at one time, despite suggestions that he may not require all of them.
- Jacob also chose to play with a metal bar that was previously used to fasten his seat to my bike. I clarified that he would have to put it down if it were to come close to possibly harming a human, and he surprisingly complied.
- I both suggested and followed my own suggestion to wear shoes.
No comments:
Post a Comment