Mira tells us at the beginning of the week that she is supposed to wear pajamas to school on Friday. She reminds us of this assignment each night.
Me: Why? For April Fools Day?
Mira: Sure.
Me: Why? For April Fools Day?
Mira: Sure.
The morning of April 1.
Mira: I'm wearing pajamas!
Jacob: You've got to be kidding me!
Actually, Jacob was quite a good sport. I think he was just objecting to the picture. Its not like I would post it on the internet for future employers to see or anything.
Mira: I'm wearing pajamas!
Jacob: You've got to be kidding me!
Actually, Jacob was quite a good sport. I think he was just objecting to the picture. Its not like I would post it on the internet for future employers to see or anything.

But...we get to school, and other children aren't wearing pajamas.
Me: Were the kids told to wear pajamas to school today?
Mira's teacher: No. Why would we do that?
Jacob's teacher: What were you thinking?
Yes, I'm admitting to the world that our three-year-old played an April Fools joke on us.
Me: Were the kids told to wear pajamas to school today?
Mira's teacher: No. Why would we do that?
Jacob's teacher: What were you thinking?
Yes, I'm admitting to the world that our three-year-old played an April Fools joke on us.
After school on April 1.
Mira: I'm going to teach you a lesson. So you through the ball like this, and then you jump like this, and then you ... (I lost track of the steps; still a picture crazed mother, even if I don't post them) ... now your turn, Mommy.
Mira: I'm going to teach you a lesson. So you through the ball like this, and then you jump like this, and then you ... (I lost track of the steps; still a picture crazed mother, even if I don't post them) ... now your turn, Mommy.
Jacob: Look at me, Mommy! I'll show you how I can strut my stuff.
(Mira realizes teaching her mother is a lost cause).
Mira: Okay, Jacob, your hands and feet must remain in the car at all times until the car comes to a complete stop.
Jacob (who doesn't always acknowledge that he understands what his mother says to him) immediately assumes the position: hands on the wheel, feet flexed, face forward.
Not really sure what the lesson entailed at this time, but its a tender moment that of course I need to share.
Dinner time! They turn the car around and zoom back to the house.

(Mira realizes teaching her mother is a lost cause).
Mira: Okay, Jacob, your hands and feet must remain in the car at all times until the car comes to a complete stop.

Jacob (who doesn't always acknowledge that he understands what his mother says to him) immediately assumes the position: hands on the wheel, feet flexed, face forward.
Not really sure what the lesson entailed at this time, but its a tender moment that of course I need to share.
Dinner time! They turn the car around and zoom back to the house.

are you kidding?! you got punked by a 4 year old!
ReplyDelete