It was much like every other BYM party in that attractions included clowns who do face-painting and balloon animals, snow cones and cookies, Leah White and the Magic Mirrors (I think this officially makes us Leah White groupies), and the requisite bounce house. But this year was better. "What could be better than a party with a bounce house?", you ask. A party with an ELMO bounce house!
After a preliminary round of jumping elmo-style, the kids decided they were ready to receive their balloon objects. Mr. clown man makes my two year old a balloon sword. A sword! Could he not think of a different play object for a two year old boy? And yet my son looked up at the clown as if he had been bestowed the most valuble of objects.
Seizing control of the situation, I explained to Jacob that this fun little instument could be used to "tag" people from a distance (and avoided calling it a sword). I may have to face reality at some point when my sweet, innocent child is introduced to other play toys from this genre...another day.
Mira asked the clown-man for a "kitty," and received one in appropriately stereotypical purple. "Mommy! I love purple!"
Okay, onward to the snow cones.
Then to face painting. Mira, with all her experience in these pursuits, waited in line for HoneyDew (the clown) to work her magic. Jacob, not wanting to let Peaches (the clown) to feel left out, hopped up on the empty pedestal.
Peaches: What would you like me to paint?
Jacob looks around. I'm not sure he understands the question. He sees two dinosaurs on the table.
Jacob: Dinosaur.
Mommy (to Peaches): Can you do that?
And then suddenly...
No comments:
Post a Comment