Monday, October 11, 2010

At Least It's Something (A Lot of Something)

An apology: I know you've been patient; I'm sorry. Now, residency is over, boards are over, and I have plenty of fabulous pictures of my beautiful kids to share...one post at a time :)

I told Mira that she gets to go to a "Pumpkin Party." I asked her to pick any pumpkin she wanted so I could take a picture of her and Jacob. Interesting choice, no?

After that one take Mira decided she was done with pumpkin pictures, but Jacob allowed me to choose a different pumpkin for him. Such a happy baby (just keep him well fed).

We also had different opinions about the hay ride.
Mira: I don't want to go on a hay ride
Mommy: [multiple failed attempts to convince the determined child]
Mira: I don't want to go on a hay ride
Mommy: [Carries screaming child onto ride]
Mira: I like the hay ride!

First priority post-hay ride: face painting. Mira's choice: I want to be a cat, Mommy, with whiskers (signs "cat"), and something blue. Okay?

Happily transformed into a blue-nosed cat, Mira decorates a bag for trick-or-treating with intense concentration.

Jacob also finds something to do.


Another attempt to capture the requisite "cute picture of your kids in front of a pumpkin." Yes, the snow-cone was a bribe. No such luck.

Solution: let the 3 year old eat sugared ice, and take pictures of the cute infant!

And more pictures!

Mommy gets another idea. Let's take pictures with the pumpkin man! Mira smiles...until she realizes there is a fake crow sitting on the pumpkin man's hat. Ah well, great smile Jacob!

But...my daughter happily poses with the spider (we were at the Nature Discover Center, after all)

...and the microscope...anyone want to question whether she's really our daughter?

And finally appeases her mother with one last pumpkin-man shot.

One way to entertain two children at once.

Meanwhile, back at the farm...Mommy remains picture crazy and is determined to get a picture of Jacob's first (!) teeth. The following sequence of pictures truly are in the order they were taken.
Smile, Jacob! Show me your teeth!

Hmmm. Great smile, but tongue is in the way.
"Mommy! Take a picture of my teeth"

Picture-crazed Mommy is determined to get those teeth on camera.
Smile, Jacob! Show me your teeth!

Another great smile, no teeth.
"Mommy! Take a picture of my teeth!"

Okay, I get it. I have two beautiful children who take wonderful pictures but may not always do things according to my plans (deep thoughts for a tired mother). We move on to bath time.

...but I still picked up the camera to try again the next day.

2 comments:

  1. (1) Thank you for the post.
    (2) I apologize that the computer messed up a couple weeks ago and you weren't able to see my rant. It's probably for the best. It wasn't nice towards the producers of such blog.
    (3) Your son has a lot of hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the children, the story, and the pictures. Perhaps if you didn't have such cute children, their adoring fans would be less impatient for more blog posts. So really - you've brought this on yourself.

    I particularly like Jacob's shirt :-)

    -Love, Aunt Syssa

    ReplyDelete